Three Kingdoms

Status: Closed and demolished
Address: 79 Lower Thames Street, EC3R (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
Former name(s): Custom House Stores
Custom House Tavern
Former address: 77 Lower Thames Street (1856)
8 Harp Lane (1841)
Dates open: [1822]-c1961
Notes: In 1839 the "Three Kingdoms" is listed at 7 Harp Lane, and in 1841 at 8 Harp Lane (Harp Lane intersects with Lower Thames St between numbers 77 and 78). In 1841 the "Custom House Tavern and Hotel" is listed at 70 Lower Thames Street and the "Custom House Tavern" is at 77 Lower Thames Street. Number 77 has a beer retailer in 1856, and 79 Lower Thames Street next door has the "Custom House Stores" in the same year. The licence was transferred after it was demolished to the "Mermaid" (now "Sea Horse", 64 Queen Victoria St, EC4, see separate entry).
Sources: Dates: Pubs History
OS 1896/1920
PO 1839 (as "Three Kingdoms")/1841 (as "Three Kingdoms" and "Custom House Tavern" and "Custom House Tavern & Hotel")/1856 (as "Custom House Stores")/1869/1882/1895/1915 (all as "Three Kingdoms")
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email pubologyblog@gmail.com quoting the pub name.