Coopers

Status: Closed
Address: 238 Rotherhithe Street, SE16 5QS (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
Former name(s): Enterprise
Half Moon and Bull's Head
Former address: 267 Rotherhithe Street (1871)
Dates open: [1794]-c2012
Owner: Courage (former)
Notes: Later a restaurant. The name was also sometimes given as the "Bull's Head", the "Half Moon", the "Bull and Half Moon" and the "Half Moon and Little Ball", which may just be abbreviations or corruptions of the full name, which is most often used. Not to be confused with the "Great Bull's Head" very nearby at 228 Rotherhithe St (see separate entry).
Sources: Open date: Archives
Close date/Owner: WhatPub
OS 1873/1895/1949/1953/1972
PO 1839 (as "Half Moon & Little Ball")/1856 (as "Half Moon")/1869 (as "Bull & Half Moon")/1882/1895/1915 (all as "Half Moon & Bull's Head" except where noted)
References: MS 11936/397/628672 (as "Bulls Head")
MS 11936/423/732992 (as "Bulls Head")
MS 11936/517/1086412 (as "Half Moon and Bulls Head")
MS 11936/517/1086413 (as "Half Moon and Bulls Head")
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email pubologyblog@gmail.com quoting the pub name.