Dead Dolls House

Status: Open
Address: 181 Upper Street, N1 1RQ (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
Former name(s): House of Wolf
Double Frank Bar
Albert and Pearl
Medicine Bar
Hare and Hounds
Former address: 13 Barnsbury Place, Islington High Street [or High Street] (1856)
Dates open: [1790]-
Owner: Gresham Inns
Colombo (former)
Medicine Bar (former)
Scottish and Newcastle (former)
Courage (former)
Barclay Perkins (former)
Website: Website
Notes: Renamed as the "Double Frank Bar" in c2011, as "House of Wolf" in 2012, and as "Dead Dolls House" in 2015. Also sometimes named as simply the "Dolls House".
Photo taken in October 2015
Sources: Open date/Owner: Archives
Renaming: Allan W (e-mail)
London Drinker U228/WP17
PO 1839/1841/1856/1869/1882/1895/1915 (all as "Hare & Hounds")
Tris C (e-mail)
References: ACC/2305/01/911/1-39
MS 11936/367/568111 (as "Hare and Hound")
MS 11936/446/821902
MS 11936/446/834850
MS 11936/551/1254310 (as "Hare and Hound")
MS 11936/558/1278978 (as "Hare and Hound")
MS 11936/559/1293317
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email pubologyblog@gmail.com quoting the pub name.