Cat

Status: Closed and demolished
Address: 57 Whitecross Street, EC1Y (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
Former name(s): King's Arms
Former address: 220 Upper Whitecross Street [or 220 Whitecross Street, or 220 White Cross Street] (1884)
Dates open: [1818]-[1921]
Notes: The "King's Arms" at 52 Beech Street (see separate entry) is at the other end of Beech Street (on the corner with Golden Lane). It may be that the "King's Arms" is the pub's 'real' name and that "Cat" was more of a nickname.
Sources: Open date: Archives
Close date: Pubs History
PO 1839/1841/1856 (as "King's Arms")/1882/1895/1915 (all as "Cat" except where noted)
References: MS 11936/472/940331 (as "Kings Arms")
MS 11936/472/940332 (as "Kings Arms")
MS 11936/478/951743 (as "Kings Arms")
MS 11936/502/1023570 (as "Kings Arms")
MS 11936/519/1098825 (as "Kings Arms")
MS 11936/519/1098826 (as "Kings Arms")
MS 11936/526/1115092 (as "Kings Arms")
MS 11936/537/1148761
MS 11936/542/1178497 (as "Kings Arms")
MS 11936/543/1187272
MS 11936/558/1263185 (as "Kings Arms")
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email pubologyblog@gmail.com quoting the pub name.