Bull

Status: Open
Address: 498 Streatham High Road, SW16 3QB (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
Former name(s): Pied Bull
Former address: [or 498 High Road]
[also listed as Croydon Road (1881/1861)]
Lower Streatham (1878)
[also listed as Streatham Common (1839)]
Dates open: 1768-
Good Beer Guide: 1975, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014
Owner: Young's
Tritton (former)
Website: Website
Notes: Renamed as the "Bull" in 2015. This may date to earlier, as there's a document from 1739 in the National Archives mentioning the "good repair of a footbridge in Streatham in the footway leading from the Pied Bull towards the Kings Head".
Photo taken in October 2008
Sources: Open date: Britain's Oldest Brewery/pub website
Renaming: WhatPub
Census 1861 [G Hills] (as "Pied Bull")
OS 1869 (as "Pied Bull Inn")/1898 (as "Pied Bull Inn")/1916/1952 (as "Pied Bull")/1965 (as "Pied Bull")
PO 1839/1851/1867/1878/1896/1906/1914/1912 (all as "Pied Bull")
References: QS2/6/1739/Xms/84
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email pubologyblog@gmail.com quoting the pub name.