Dyers' Arms

Status: Closed and demolished
Address: 11-13 Webb Street, SE1 (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
Note: The location on these maps is approximate.
London borough: Southwark
Former address: 6-7 Webb Street [or 7 Webb Street] (1856)
Historical parish: Southwark St Olave
Dates open: [1797]-[1861]
Owner: Holcombe's (former)
Notes: This street no longer exists. This would have been demolished for the construction of the railway lines into London Bridge. Horwood's 1799 map shows 6 & 7 Webb St at the western corner of the intersection with Marble Street (which also no longer exists, although its approximate path is preserved by the line of the building at the corner of Melior St and Weston St and the footpath alongside it running north from Melior St).
Sources: Open date/Owner: Archives
Census 1861 [A Wigmore] (as "Dyers Arms")
PO 1839/1856 (all as "Dyers' Arms")
References: MS 11936/418/700413 (as "Dyers Arms")
MS 11936/478/966183
QS2/6/1797/Mic/8 (as "Dyers Arms")
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email pubologyblog@gmail.com quoting the pub name.