Circus Coffee House
|Status:||Closed and demolished|
Blackfriars Road, SE1
Note: The location on these maps is approximate.
|Former address:||[also listed as St Georges Road (1801), and as St Georges Fields (1795)]|
|Historical parish:||Southwark St George the Martyr|
|Notes:||Location on the map is a guess. This is listed as "sign of the Pantheon" in one of the Sun Fire Office insurance records, and others list properties near it on Apollo Road (an older name for Westminster Bridge Road), so it must have been near the corner with that street, on St Georges Circus itself (which would make sense given the name). If it wasn't in the same building as the "Equestrian Coffee House" (124 Blackfriars Rd, see separate entry), then it was very nearby. There is a "Moulders Arms" mentioned in 1851/1861 census records at 3 Johnstons Buildings (see separate entry), which was also on the corner of St Georges Circus between Blackfriars Rd and Waterloo Rd, which must have been nearby.|
|Sources:||Open date: Archives
Close date: Pubs History
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the pub name.