Prince Albert

Status: Closed and demolished
Address: 76 Colombo Street, SE1 8DP (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
London borough: Southwark
Former name(s): Hat and Feathers [same site]
Former address: 30-32 Blackfriars Road (pre-rebuilding) [different site]
30-31 Blackfriars Road (1944)
31 Blackfriars Road (1899)
[also listed as Green Walk (1794) and St Georges Road (1792)]
Historical parish: Southwark Christchurch
Dates open: [1792]-2015
rebuilt 1968 demolished 2016
Owner: Enterprise Inns (former)
Notes: Renamed as the "Prince Albert" by 1848. Prior to rebuilding in 1968, the pub was originally located a few metres to the east (adjoining the rear of the later site), facing onto Blackfriars Rd.
Photo taken in October 2008
Sources: Open date: Archives
Close date: London Drinker WP13
Demolished date: London Drinker WP15
OS 1875/1919/1951 (as "Prince Albert")/1962 (as "Prince Albert")/1972/1983
PO 1839 (as "Hat & Feathers")/1841 (as "Hat & Feathers")/1856/1869/1882/1895/1899/1915 (all as "Prince Albert" except where noted)
References: MS 11936/386/597133 (as "Hat and Feathers")
MS 11936/400/632346 (as "Hat and Feathers")
MS 11936/568/1311537
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email pubologyblog@gmail.com quoting the pub name.