Prince Arthur

Status: Open
Address: 123 Uxbridge Road, W13 9AU (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
London borough: Ealing
Former name(s): Ashby's
Prince Arthur
Historical parish: Ealing
Dates open: by 1866-
rebuilt 1919
Owner: Trust Inns
Courage (former)
Ashby's Staines Brewery (former)
Notes: Looking at the census returns, the beer house run by Thomas Deacon on Uxbridge Road in 1871 (and as a grocer in 1861) appears to be in the same location as the later "Prince Arthur" (named in the 1881 census). CAMRA's WhatPub indicates it was built in 1878, so it may have been rebuilt at that time. Renamed as the "Prince Arthur" in 2019.
Photo taken in December 2009
Sources: Rebuilding date: WhatPub/Pub Wiki
Renaming: WhatPub/London Drinker WP36
Owner: WhatPub
Census 1861 (not listed as a pub)/1871 [T Deacon] (as "beer house")
London Drinker WP18
OS 1932/1956/1971
PO 1866/1874/1878/1890/1896/1907 (as "Prince Arthur")/1926 (as "Prince Arthur")/1933 (as "Prince Arthur")
Tris C (e-mail)
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email quoting the pub name.