King William IV

Status: Open
Address: 77 Hampstead High Street, NW3 1RE (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
London borough: Camden
Former name(s): King George III
King's Head
Queen's Head [same site?]
Former address: [or 77 High Street]
Historical parish: Hampstead
Dates open: by 1667-
Owner: Star Pubs and Bars
Courage (former)
Website: Website
Notes: Renamed as the "King William IV" in 1835. Also known as "KW4". The source on British History Online (A History of the County of Middlesex) states that the "King's Head, mentioned from 1721 is probably identifiable with the Queen's Head sited on the Kinghall estate and described as much decayed in 1667", so of course that pub will have existed earlier.
Photo taken in April 2008
Sources: Open date: A History of the County of Middlesex
Renaming: Pub Wiki
Owner: WhatPub/Tris C (e-mail)
PO 1826 (as "King George III")/1839/1874/1896/1914 (all as "William IV")
References: AR/696
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email quoting the pub name.