Bull on the Green

Status: Closed
Address: 1 The Green, E4 7ES (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
Former name(s): Bull and Crown
Molly K's
Bull and Crown
Slug and Lettuce
Bull and Crown
Crown Hotel
Bull's Head
Bull
Black Bull
Former address: Kings Road (1911)
Green (1871)
Dates open: [1776]-c2012
rebuilt 1899
Good Beer Guide: [Bull and Crown:] 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
Owner: Punch Taverns (former)
Ind Coope (former)
Notes: Renamed as the "Bull and Crown" by 1863, as the "Slug and Lettuce" in 1991, as the "Bull and Crown" in 1996, as "Molly K's" in 2002, as the "Bull and Crown" in 2006, and as the "Bull on the Green" in c2010. Now a restaurant.
Photo taken in November 2014
Sources: Open date/Renaming: Behind the Bar/Pubs History
Close date: London Drinker U226/U228
Census 1851 [W Bowden] (as "Bull and Crown")/1861 [J Rudge] (as "Bull and Crown")/1871 [H Keeley] (as "Kings Head Inn")/1911 [W Jaggard] (as "Crown Hotel")
OS 1870/1897/1920/1966 (all as "Bull and Crown")
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email pubologyblog@gmail.com quoting the pub name.